Friday 28th July 2023, we got a lead about Soraya, a Bangladeshi minor who was missing from her home in Bangladesh from the 20th July 2023. She was trafficked to Delhi from Dhaka. We got a message from a source saying Soraya was blindfolded, her hands and legs were bound, she was in Delhi and that we had to find and save her.  

We called the State Commission for Protection of Child Rights in UP who connected us with the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights, NCPCR, in Delhi.  When we called the NCPCR to tell them about the case, they were indifferent and gave us a cold response. We immediately made our way to Delhi on 29th July.

Sunday 30th July, we were unable to meet the police since most of them were on leave.  And when we did meet them, they  were unable to initiate a raid as  they were not able to track Soraya’s exact location.  Mid week we got intel about Soraya’s location.  We spent two days combing different parts of South Delhi but were not able to find Soraya.  

End of the week the police tracked Soraya to Central Delhi, we had to meet a different police team to get them to find Soraya and initiate a raid.  A credible source shared current details about Soraya;  where she was being held and that there were other minor victims and forced majors with her as well. We shared this intel with the police and a raid was planned. 

Before we reached the location we got an update that Soraya had been moved to another location. Once again we had to check with all our sources if they had intel about her new location. Within an hour we received intel on Soraya’s new location. Since the team had already assembled we proceeded to the new location.  Once again before we could reach the location, we got intel that Soraya had been moved.  This time, there were no leads about her new location.  The trail had gone cold.

Sunday 6th August, a credible source contacted us with new information. We learned that Soraya was put on the train by a trafficker and was on her way to Kolkata. We got the details of the train. The trafficker would be at the station to receive her.

Monday 7th August,  we got a source to verify details about Soraya. Once confirmed, we alerted the police and the intervention team.  

At 8:22 am as soon as the train pulled into the station the police and our team rescued the victim.  

There was no sign of the trafficker at the station. The victim is currently at a local shelter home. We are working on repatriating her to her family in Bangladesh.   The police are investigating this case further and hope to find all who were responsible for trafficking and sexually exploiting 16 year old Soraya.